But a response to txvoodoo
's comment on the previous entry - May we all have healthy and peaceful times
And on that word healthy
, we have decided against heading off tomorrow. I checked the five day forecast for Macon and the promised break in the very hot weather isn't happening any time soon. It's going to be almost 90degrees well into next week. Remembering what happened the summer of 2003 when thousands of people died in France (and here), we're not risking it. It almost killed me and the crew. (Have you
ever tried to keep cool in a narrowboat where the heat has built up over a series of days and leaving the doors and windows open does nothing
to alleviate the problem? Narrowboats are designed to keep the heat in
in cold, damp English winters.) We're staying where we can keep cool until the weather breaks.
I raged against the decision, but only for a little bit. Once we'd taken our after dinner strawberries and ice cream and pot of tea in the cool shade of the trees in the garden, listened to the magpie calling to his mate and watched the swallows catching insects on the slight evening breeze, I mellowed to the notion. It's not as if we're losing money by not going now as we own our boat. We can go whenever we chose. We have cast aside the Irish Forces of Chaos that have hindered us. We are still masters of our fates, Still captains of our souls.