We couldn't get rooms in any of the hotels at Annemasse for 1st June, they were fully booked. We're going to have to make the journey back to the boat with only one overnight stop and I fear the route through Mont Blanc tunnel will be much slower than on the Sunday we crossed at the end of April. There were no trucks on the road and no hold ups.
We've just returned from 'morning tea' withe the Australians in the Castle and are finishing the packing before we go to dinner with the Canadians in the apartment below us. We'll leave the packing of the car until tomorrow as, despite the fact that we had rain all morning, the sun is now out and we don't want any of the wine to spoil.
I'm planning lots of 'hard tack', 'beef jerky', and bottled water for the treck across the alps and will have the blankets, latrine shovel and spare torch batteries close to hand just in case.